UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Material for mats - Page 2 Home-1Material for mats - Page 2 All-about-matsMaterial for mats - Page 2 Media-1Material for mats - Page 2 Shop-1Material for mats - Page 2 ForumMaterial for mats - Page 2 Links-1

4 posters

Material for mats

adamstevens
    adamstevens

Material for mats - Page 2 Empty Re: Material for mats

Post  adamstevens Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:33 am

I'll buy then if that is the case. PG has a classic model I think it i called....alittle bit cheaper. It has four pontoons I think...would this be a good mat to start with? any suggestions or recommendations? again, this won't be 'til summer, so I have time to think. thanks for the help everyone
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:01 am

The Classic is OK but if you get into it then you'll quickly want to upgrade. Depending on your size and the kinda waves you plan to ride it in, I'd recommend either a Fatty or a Standard.

Cheers

G
    piskian
    piskian

Post  piskian Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:46 am

I'd get a Standard too if I were you.Suits all waves,most sizes of rider(eg it goes well for Surfempty and I,who are 5'7 and slim,yet also preferred by 6' big blokes),doesn't slip out even on superlow inflation,catches waves easily,and handles well.
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:36 am

Hmmm... Just checked you height/weight Adam. You sound a right hunk so you'll fit in well here!

You're kinda in the size range for both mats. Basically, the Fatty offers more glide and has a wider operating range size wise. The Standard holds well and goes where you put it but prefers a bit of juice or better shaped small surf. I'm heavy and would solely ride Standards before I started building but its more down to preference than what's right or wrong. Personally, I wouldn't deviate from those models for the only mat in your quiver..

PG can advise you too.

G

PS I'd say go with the canvas deck with Hot Wax Finish for a first mat.
    piskian
    piskian

Post  piskian Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:39 am

I'd go for a Finnish hot wax,but that's just me.165 lbs?I'm almost that.Is it in the legs or the torso?!
    Surely there's some matriders near you,Adam?Just nick theirs and have a testride.Those Californian matters need to network,baby!

Last edited by piskian on Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:42 am

piskian wrote:
    Surely there's some matriders near you,Adam?Just nick theirs and have a testride.

That's a good point.

Where are you Adam? I'll put out the Mat Signal.
    flower

G

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:45 am