UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Nude in Bude Home-1Nude in Bude All-about-matsNude in Bude Media-1Nude in Bude Shop-1Nude in Bude ForumNude in Bude Links-1

4 posters

Nude in Bude

old surfer
    old surfer

Nude in Bude Empty Nude in Bude

Post  old surfer Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:24 am

Evenin' all, so now iv'e got your attention i'm not "nude in bude" and i'm not looking to be either!!not till that mercury hits 80 F plus.
    No, what i would like from you gentle souls is some info on bude beaches and spots nearby as hope to be visiting for a few nights in a week or so. Haven't been there for a looong time so would appreciate any updates ie time to get in around tide etc etc.
    cheers me dears, mart Very Happy
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Nude in Bude Empty Re: Nude in Bude

Post  GRAYMAN Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:05 am

Dates mate?

G
    old surfer
    old surfer

Post  old surfer Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:31 am

Into bude s'arvo of 29th july until wed 1st aug with the 31st july at me bruvvers for his birthday in bideford, so not long but must be worth a glide eh!mart
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Might be able to hook up on 30th. Bod off here is at Widemouth.

Basically, high tide is Widemouth down at the south end on a reef called Black Rock. Mid to high on a big swell is Crackington . Low tide head up to Sandymoith or Northcott.

These are crowd avoidance tips. The Bude beaches can be good but are always busy.

There are other spots locally which are more of a challenge too.

G
    Blimp
    Blimp

Post  Blimp Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Don,t rule out the main Bude beaches , why because at about ten o,clock those nice lifeguards set up there flags a kick all the surfers out of holidaymakers bodyboard and swimming zone which means you have about 75 yards all to your self Very Happy
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:54 pm

Blimp wrote: Don,t rule out the main Bude beaches , why because at about ten o,clock those nice lifeguards set up there flags a kick all the surfers out of holidaymakers bodyboard and swimming zone which means you have about 75 yards all to your self Very Happy

Never been there that late mate! Very Happy

Summerlease can have a really good right but is never quiet when it's on.

G
    Blimp
    Blimp

Post  Blimp Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:58 pm

I have a wife that likes shopping I surf she shops the secret of a happy marriage Very Happy
    old surfer
    old surfer

Post  old surfer Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks G and Blimp most helpful and as I get closer will contact G if it looks like I can do the 30th. I see its light at about 4.30am at the 'mo and as it reads G is always up and in soon after that so will pack the BIG alarm clock haha. mart
    bluey
    bluey

Post  bluey Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:27 am

just come back from a week in Bude.
    Been coming down to this part of Cornwall for the last 5 or so years (2 x 1 weeks trips per year).
    Listen to Greame or Bod, they have it wired, for swell, wind and tides.
    But I can vouch for Sandymouth, surfed it on Saturday, out by myself, 1 ft but bit bigger on the sets, great banks which change with the tide, even had an nice old sealion come over and say hello
    Crocklets; in Bude, nice wave
    Summerleaves; never normally give it a go, but at mid+ tides, really nice steep righthander into the river mouth, really fun wave, great wedging bodysurfing wave
    Widemouth; plenty of peaks to chose from, reefs come into play at mid higher tides, sand banks are good, so just wait for the tide to move a foot or so, and new opportunities come into play (just like Sandymouth). Had great long waves at both, linking up all the way to the beach.
    Enjoy, Henry
    old surfer
    old surfer

Post  old surfer Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:22 pm

Henry, thankyou for the info glad you had a few sessions. Just looked at web cams need to be there NOW! mart

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:20 pm