UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Matts mat and thats that... Home-1Matts mat and thats that... All-about-matsMatts mat and thats that... Media-1Matts mat and thats that... Shop-1Matts mat and thats that... ForumMatts mat and thats that... Links-1

2 posters

Matts mat and thats that...

skansand
    skansand

Matts mat and thats that... Empty Matts mat and thats that...

Post  skansand Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 am

HAve I mentioned that Dale Solomonson sent me mat-erials for a build at no cost! and thats before I had the money to order one of his Neumatics... Great guy, i hope things are getting better for him.

Matts mat and thats that... Mattsmatdiy It ended up a bit wider then expected but I enjoyed every moment I was on my own mat Smile

after a few rides around here I took it down to mexico where the water was something like 92F or 33Celcius! it lasted a few rides before the I-beam blew out...

Matts mat and thats that... Mattsmatdiy2

My friend and I took a cab to this spot we heard rumors about ...walked up to 6-8' glassy barrels ...didnt see anyone for 3 hours til one american surfer paddled out and told us of the tiger shark that was spotted there.... We came back the next day to DOH surf... Twisted Evil
    Matts mat and thats that... Missiones
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Matts mat and thats that... Empty Re: Matts mat and thats that...

Post  GRAYMAN Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:31 am

Awesome mate! Need to see more of this from you I think mate.

Did you just use an iron or did you rig up a hot plate too?

G
    skansand
    skansand

Post  skansand Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:12 am

Thanks G ... I just used the iron over parchment paper with a couple layers of cardboard under the material for a heat-sink...I know what you mean by hot plate but havnt heard that term... Rolling Eyes
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:27 pm

Wow! I'm amazed you didn't get melts! You generally need heat from below as well. I did some early welds with a steam iron over a towel mind. I think the towel provided insulation against the bench.

G
    skansand
    skansand

Post  skansand Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:19 am

thinking back i may have plugged into a extension cord with 2 fans and a lamp feeding off it... I definetly had some melts but i would run the iron over the material pretty quick.... So i never added several pounds of weight to the iron like Dale suggested...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:34 am