UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Home-1MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video All-about-matsMATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Media-1MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Shop-1MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video ForumMATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Links-1

+2
sinclairio
GRAYMAN
6 posters

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Empty MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video

Post  GRAYMAN Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:19 am

Well it finally happened...

The seemingly cursed tenth UK Mat Surfers matmeet went off today despite at least 4 late cancellations (one being down to Quikabongesque megatron label "Animal" stragengely enough... Seems the mainstream's out to get us!)

Anyway, 8 made it in the end:

Piskian
    James H
    Steve C (super-newb)
    Sinclario
    Bony
    Bod
    Surf Empty
    Me

Not a bad turnout considering the karma around this... It was short lived fun in the sun in 2-3 foot Hayle Rivermouth until the wind came in and CAINED it! The peaks were shifting like crazy making it difficult to stick in a pack, hence the video is very short...

Best party wave went to the two newest comers, Steve and James H.

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video P1050310

Longest swim never came to pass as my 3 foot sprint was the most that came to pass.

At first glance, the Wave of the Day winner seems unsurprising...

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video P1050311

Yes...

It was Piskian...

However, this was a very tight affair with both Surf Empty and Myself right on his heels! (I reckon we should get Animal to pay for some judges!) At least it was him who had to take this ludicrous trophy home!

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video P1050312

Looks like he was happy with it mind.

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Pictur10

So there you have it... Probably the briefest meet yet but a really good laugh. Well done to Sinclario and Steve for making it after being out on the ale til 2am!

G

PS We planned a paipo session but it didn't happen. The surf had just gone too poop.

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Group10
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video Empty Re: MATMEET X - Report, Pics and Video

Post  GRAYMAN Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 am

Video is 'ere:

At the time of posting it's nearly done so if it's not playing as you read this it'll be up dreckly. Shortest video yet!

G
    sinclairio
    sinclairio

Post  sinclairio Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Ace Work, good song too!
    matt23
    matt23

Post  matt23 Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Shame it was short lived, looks fun though.
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:06 am

Cheers fellas.

The second to last wave is Surf Empty on a 5GF Blue Streak. So much for big waves only. The video doesn't do justice to how fast he was going!

G
    Surf Empty
    Surf Empty

Post  Surf Empty Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:35 am

Twas the tail-end of a longish right too.

The 5GF goes in anything and has become my go-to mat in pretty much any conditions. No speed sacrificed in my experience for a whole lot of extra hold. It's a slot-machine of a mat, aim and fire down the line - really gets going in bigger conditions too. The narrower profile means that there's no sense of having a mat under you at times (out of sight out of mind), added to by that special blue streak pliability and extra feel. This results in you intuitively using more body roll to effect turns and a sensation of being a one-man mat machine!

Great mat for me. Only problem is my blue streak standard feels huge whenever I take it out!

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 am

You can download a full HD version of the meet video from here:

http://ukmatsurfers.org/html/media.html

G
    James H
    James H

Post  James H Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:34 am

The UKMS convoy turning up at the parking spot would have made a cool bit of sped up footage. Meeting up at Maccy D's - reminiscent of meeting up at a motorway services before a rave! Ardcore!
    JeffT
    JeffT

Post  JeffT Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:54 am

Great video and music.Surf looks fun!
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 am

Cheers Jeff. Great laugh as always. Shame you couldn't make it. Are you in the UK?

G
    JeffT
    JeffT

Post  JeffT Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Florida.Used to visit the UK a bit with work.Now I want to go back for a surf!
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:22 pm

cheers

Hope Sandy didn't hit you too hard.

G
    JeffT
    JeffT

Post  JeffT Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:31 am

No problems down here.Ate up the sand and flooding.Good
    surf.Had a couple good mat sessions.I'm riding the mats more
    than anything.Very addictive!
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 am

Great stuff mate. Smile

G

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:06 pm