UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Home-1Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 All-about-matsBrittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Media-1Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Shop-1Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 ForumBrittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Links-1

2 posters

Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3

flyfisher
    flyfisher

Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Empty Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3

Post  flyfisher Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Hi all,

will be close to the beach at Mesperleuc.
    Gwendrez is close by, but pics of the local beach (during a swell...) look nice, too.

Anybody in the area?
    Any local suggestions?

Cheers from the river
    Tom
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Empty Re: Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3

Post  GRAYMAN Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:49 am

Excellent stuff mate. Smile

There's info via the following links:

http://www.surfmat.org/t250-brittany-trip

http://blog.ukmatsurfers.org/search/label/Brittany%20Trip

You have spots in all directions. I made myself an info sheet which I'll scan and send.

There is a matter around there somewhere.

Smile

G
    flyfisher
    flyfisher

Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3 Empty Re: Brittany / Audierne July 22 - August 3

Post  flyfisher Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Thanks G!

We've rented a house 200m from the beach and can check the local swell from there - luxury!
    Mine's the family summer holiday, so I won't mind small waves as long as we can all slide a bit. (wife and the 8yr grom)
    A few days with bigger stuff would be nice, still.

Other occupations will be supping, fishing/foraging and mountainbiking and hopefully lots of seafood grilling/ cooking.
    The Scudo will be packed with toys and tools, so as long as it doesn't rain all day we'll be good.

Been trying to get info on obtaining a 3G wifi stick for/in France that doesn't cost a fortune, too.
    Seems to be a pain in the ..., though.
    Any recent experiences with that?
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:32 am

We had wifi on our site so it wasn't an issue.

I'm gonna scan that stuff Wednesday for you.

G

PS Dawnies are empty! cheers
    flyfisher
    flyfisher

Post  flyfisher Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:52 am

That's right.
    Dawn will probably be my time - if I manage not to wake anyone!

Re WiFi It'll probably be a good reason to just go to a cafe and be very disciplined and efficient about being online, thus spending more time with real people... Really only need to get my schedule for after-the-vacation sorted out, anyway.

Have to get into that into that truly relaxing luddite-groove!
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Aye. In terms of surf forecasts, you just need to look at the forecast once a day just to give you swell size and direction and winds. After that you just drive to the best coast and then hunt.

G
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:15 am

Sent you a PM with the map Flyfisher.

G
    flyfisher
    flyfisher

Post  flyfisher Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Just got back from the best vacation of my life!

Normandy, Brittany and the Bretons were great.
    Surf was nice the last week of July including chilly offshore breezes in the morning.
    Only went to Gwendrez (2 Minute drive) or stayed at the local Mesperleuc beachbreak.
    In the morning I was alone.
    Evening swims in the big windlumps last week were nice, too.

Avoid La Torche - CROWDS and thus stressed faces in the water.

Baie des Trespasses looked decent last week with the swell and the SW-wind - but I left the mat at the house, so as to not get tempted and bore my team on the way to la Pointe du Van ...

Thanks again for the map, G!

All in all I could spend months in Brittany and just go surfing, supping, fishing, hiking, looking at the sites and sounds and eating seafood and then start over.

Fortunately, they don´t market it like California, so it´s not as crowded and much more relaxed.

Lot´s of good stuff right at our doorstep in Europe!!

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:43 pm

flyfisher wrote:

Fortunately, they don´t market it like California...

...or SW France.

You raise a good point on Europe. We have fantastic waves in amazing places accessible with your car but people still go for the hassle and expense of flying around the world. Suits me though. Smile

Pretty much all of my travelling has been in Europe and I've still seen next to nothing of it.

You're right on La Torche. I surfed it at 0415 with over 20 people out. Head a mile up the beach though and you have Tronoen which also likes a higher tide and has a classy wedge breaking on a back behind a WWW2 bunker.

As for accommodating the family, sneak out before sunrise. You get a 2 hour session in and your home in time to make everyone breakfast in bed.

Glad you had a blast mate!

cheers

G

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am