UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Blimp's New Duckfeet Home-1Blimp's New Duckfeet All-about-matsBlimp's New Duckfeet Media-1Blimp's New Duckfeet Shop-1Blimp's New Duckfeet ForumBlimp's New Duckfeet Links-1

3 posters

Blimp's New Duckfeet

Blimp
    Blimp

Blimp's New Duckfeet Empty Blimp's New Duckfeet

Post  Blimp Tue May 15, 2012 9:42 pm

My Green meanies have turned up. Plenty of room in foot pocket but tight to get on have just eased the top of the fin so now much easier to get on . What mods do you do to your Duck Feet Stu ?
    stu
    stu

Blimp's New Duckfeet Empty Re: Blimp's New Duckfeet

Post  stu Wed May 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Hi Mate
    I would use your fins first to see how stiff they are and the calf ache you suffer before mod's
    On mine I did the GG treatment by trimming down the spines both sides of the fin with an electric planer till I got the flex I wanted but not to much to make them floppy.
    Interesting I have just bought of ebay a pair of blue black duck feet obviosly old but in good nick and they are realy soft incomparison to the blue green pair I have which are newer both are super XL I also have a pair of blue black in size L which I use with a silk sock in warm water and again the rubber on that pair is super soft.
    I think PG made comment on this subject on the Surfmatters blog.
    S.
    Blimp
    Blimp

Post  Blimp Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Funny enough I did the internet search thing before I bought them found some useful info on Flexspoon showing how Greenough does his and some good info on the Rodntube site also, but all were saying how the older ones were more flexible.I will probaly sand off the centre spine before I use them for surfing. What I am after is a bit more acceleration than the Dafins were giving me for catching waves.
    stu
    stu

Post  stu Thu May 17, 2012 8:54 pm

I know exactly what you mean its a progresive tuning and I wouldnt be suprised if you end up shortening them down to get the balance right.
    S.
    Blimp
    Blimp

Post  Blimp Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:52 pm

Used them a few times and have been customising them and now very happy with them first of all sanded the centre spine off and then squared the blade up then ground down the top to make them more symmectical and a little more flex .Take my hat off to GG what an innavator. Now have a pair of fins the accerlreate quick but still have plenty of thrusts and are not to hard on the calfs
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:51 am

Sound like home made Vipers!

Smile

G

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:24 pm