UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Home-1Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! All-about-matsSkating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Media-1Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Shop-1Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! ForumSkating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Links-1

3 posters

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Empty Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:55 am

Great vieo. Grab a coffee cause it's a half hour. Don't not watch this... It's great.

G

James H
    James H

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!

Post  James H Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:09 am

Whoa! A bail could be nasty at those speeds. Rad video.

I used to skate flatland and street in the early to mid 90s but was always terrified of proper downhill speed. I bailed badly coming down Fore Street hill in Exeter once. Was literally thrown off by the vibration and wobble coming from my deck on that grizzled tarmac.

Definately miss the old "skate and destroy" days. Still have my old Powell Harris freestyle deck complete with tailbone, plastic Tracker trucks and Bones freestyle wheels.

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!!

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:29 am

Love tech stuff.

I take your Kevin Harris and raise you Rodney Mullen.

G

James H
    James H

Post  James H Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:53 am

Mmmm? Let me seee scratch

I take your Mullen and raise you Dan Rogers for sheer speed and reckless old school gnar gnar!

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:34 am

OK. I didn't want to have to resort to breaching the Geneva Convention but I'm gonna hit you with Mike Vallely.

Perfect mix of power and finesse.

G

James H
    James H

Post  James H Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:57 am

Impressive.

But the policy of Mutually Assured Radness leaves me little choice but to authorise the launch of...

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Ahhh... Old school inspiration...

For the culmination of timeless style, grace, smoothness, versatility, bigness and radness...

You can't beat a bit of Bob.

G

Last edited by GRAYMAN on Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    James H
    James H

Post  James H Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:49 am

unfathomable wickednes from Burnquist there.

Lets hear it for the UK crew.

Alex Moul, stalwart of RAD Magazine back in the day riding for Deathbox. Always wanted his street deck. Check out those ollie impossibles. Pure grime.

(Parental advisory explicit lyrics Laughing )

And a sick Tom Penny video

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 am

Ahhhh... Tom Penny. Groundbreaker.

What a Face

G
    James H
    James H

Post  James H Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:27 am

I like the skate vids on your youtube channel G. Sweet railslide by Joe in one of them.

This next one caused the stoke of stokes when Ban This was doing the rounds on VHS

And these were big ole single kick decks to boot.
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:04 am

Yeah... Smile

This has to be one of the ultimate clips. Danny Way is a f*cking monster.

G

GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:06 am

Here's Webbo.

Smile

G

James H
    James H

Post  James H Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:11 am

My freestyle deck. Original 1980s Powell Harris Mountie. Same deck as in the 2nd video on this thread.

They reissued this deck recently without the dragon logo. Bones freestyle wheels and all plastic tracker trucks. Super light n' flippy. And if it were not oldschool enough it still has the tailbone!

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Harris10

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Harris11

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Harris12

Skating... Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!!!!!!! Harris13

Radness
    GRAYMAN
    GRAYMAN

Post  GRAYMAN Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:17 pm

Lush!

Very good condition.

G
    matt23
    matt23

Post  matt23 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:49 pm

James, those trucks look like ultra lites? Do you know what they are called?
    James H
    James H

Post  James H Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:51 pm

You could be right mate. They say Tracker Truck Co on the base plates.
    matt23
    matt23

Post  matt23 Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:45 pm

There defo trackers, Ive got a set of ultra lites/lights on an old Cris Miller, I didnt know they made them in that width never seen them before. I wanted to get this corisco deck http://blog.umbe.com.br/page/3 off Bernardo but it worked out to expensive on shipping. Didnt want to use Bennets. I found a couple of blank, blanks not double enders a bit like on page one.

http://blog.umbe.com.br/

Hes does make some lovely boards and stuff Shocked
    James H
    James H

Post  James H Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:46 am

cool site that. Nice looking hardware.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm