UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

UK Mat Surfers

Welcome to the UK Mat Surfers forum. By logging-in you are accepting that you are solely responsible for any content you publish. You are also agreeing to comply with all forum rules.

Please ensure that all posts are friendly and positive.

Offensive posts will be removed.

Please abide with any requests made by Admin regarding content.

Please be aware that Mark Thomson and Krypt Surfmats are not topics for discussion on this forum.

Persistent rule breakers will be banned.

UK Mat Surfers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
This site has been replaced by a new Forum: CLICK HERE
Autism and Bodysurfing Home-1Autism and Bodysurfing All-about-matsAutism and Bodysurfing Media-1Autism and Bodysurfing Shop-1Autism and Bodysurfing ForumAutism and Bodysurfing Links-1

3 posters

Autism and Bodysurfing

piskian
    piskian

Autism and Bodysurfing Empty Autism and Bodysurfing

Post  piskian Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:58 am

Inspiring story,and inspired in itself by the most inspiring part of "Come Hell or HIgh Water"bodysurfing film.This's a great blog to follow,by the by.
    http://www.thecleanestline.com/2012/03/changing-lives-body-surfing-with-autism-come-hell-or-high-water.html#more
    jezz harty
    jezz harty

Autism and Bodysurfing Empty Re: Autism and Bodysurfing

Post  jezz harty Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:31 am

both my sons have autisum
    joe my youngest 15 loves surfing
    and luke my eldest 18 goes to a special needs school,and loves surfing but hasent used a board since he was about 7
    lukes joy in the sea shines from him ,hes 6.4 and has size13 feet so does nt need swim fins Smile
    ULTIMATS
    ULTIMATS

Post  ULTIMATS Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Ive got 2 boys, the 3 y.o. is profoundly Autistic but his stoke at just laying in the warm shallows give me hope that he'll love bodysurfing when he get a better hold on swimming, a mat will be the perfect way to get him on some small waves.
    Our 1 y.o. is just starting to develop peculiarities that would indicate Autism as well but hopefully hes not as heavily affected as his brother. We live 100m to the beach so both boys will soon live like otters despite the Autism.
    If you have friends with children who have Autism the best thing you can do is offer to look after the kids for even an hour so the parents can have a moment of peace.
    jezz harty
    jezz harty

Post  jezz harty Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:08 pm

im a special needs teaching asistant in a mainstream highschool, so im in contact with parents quite abit
    some areas of the uk are well supported for people with autisum,some not
    most of the kids i work with are mainstream level ,and i try get them to interact as much as possible
    i do a lot of P.E and making things with the kids ,go-carts,trikes,bmx,skateboards,fixing snapped surfboards(this is done after school, or lunch brake)
    i also try to help cared for kids
    in the uk most familes do not get the respite they need,we get a little,
    money is in short supply ,teaching asistants are on very low wages
    thats why i re-cycle so much stuff,to keep kids going
    you are lucky to live so near the sea Smile
    we drive one and half Smile hours Smile for my coast
    sorry im rambling,i dont normally do this
    ULTIMATS
    ULTIMATS

Post  ULTIMATS Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 pm

Jezz, I dont think it matters where on Earth you are, theres never enough support for the kids or the parents of kids with Autism. It just so so so hard to deal with it every day, every do-gooder telling you someone they know was CURED of Autism by eating Bee Pollen or meditation or crystals or some such sh*t.
    Whereas the reality is many hours/ days/ months/ years of living and learning what works for you and your child.
    There is no cure but there should be more government support so these kids dont all turn into lifelong welfare recipients that require full time carers.
    Good on you for doing the transitional teaching.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:08 pm